Friday, November 8, 2013

Guest Post- Clara





Mourning to Morning: Grieving the Loss of a Child in a New Way

Holidays seem to be the worst times of all for those who are suffering through the pain of child loss.  For others, the holidays are happy, festive occasions of family gatherings and parties, gift giving, and Christmas caroling, but for the mom who is grieving the loss of her child the pain of loss casts a dark cloud over everything.

My name is Clara Hinton, author of the book, Silent Grief.  I’m a mom of child loss and I’d love you to join me on November 14th at 7:00 p.m. at 113 E. Main St., Somerset, PA, home of An Event Project, to talk about a new way of doing grief when facing the holidays.  Rather than fear this holiday time, we’ll talk about how to take hold of our grief, and turn some of our tears into joy.  I know that sounds like an impossible thing to do, but in our time together we will do a hands-on project where you will leave with a new sense of hope and peace for the holidays. 

I’ve walked this path of grief before and want to share with you a way of grieving the loss of your child that will also give you permission to find joy! I promise you you’ll go away with tools to help you face the holidays by honoring your child in a new and wonderful way.  As moms, we know how hard it is to plan for the holidays under normal circumstances, but when our hearts are breaking we don’t feel like doing much of anything.  We owe it to ourselves to learn how to grieve in a new way!

I hope to see you on November 14th.  You can register by visiting https://www.eventbrite.com/event/9015978033

Bring a friend, and be prepared to have an inspirational evening together!  I can’t wait to see you on the 14th! 

Love,
Clara 





No comments:

Post a Comment