Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Pizazz...

One of the most loved holidays is quickly approaching! We must not forget about the wonderful Thanksgiving! It is so easy to do so with Christmas decorations scattered through the shopping aisles and holiday shopping commercials. However, do not fret that gift list, what is most important is spending your time with family! I hope our society chooses to keep Black Friday on Friday and takes part on Thanksgiving all day Thursday! I know I will. I look forward to watching the Macy Day parade and I usually bake and cook all day. However, this year we will be visiting family in Florida so I will be relaxing ocean side a good part of the day before the feasting.

I want to share a few easy and quick ideas that you may choose to use to decorate and add simple, elegant details to your Thanksgiving dinner! I have used these in the past in my classroom or I presently have them as decorations throughout my home.

First, this is an easy craft for the kiddos, but it can also be used with your family. Pre-cut the orange paper strips, add your thankful phrase and glue or tape together for an adorable pumpkin decoration to sit on your table.



Next suggestion, you can use these yummy treats to decorate. Simply dip the end of the waffle cone in a little water, bend and fill with Thanksgiving themed candy.


Lastly, for the tables, so simple and inexpensive, you may use candy corn or popcorn kernels to fill an elegant candle globe or simple mason jars and add your candle. Beautiful, simple, cheap!



 





If you have a large globe, gather nice sticks from your yard, place in the globe and you have an eye catching centerpiece! You can even add a nice touch by having precut leaves, ask your guests to write their thanks on them and hang on the tree.

Small details will add to the warmth of your dinner and it can be great conversation starters!

Have a wonderful, love filled Thanksgiving!!
Remember:





No comments:

Post a Comment